Sunday 9 September 2012

Living Freedom


Let me become a human
with head held high
and heart free of fear.

Let me school
where knowledge is free
and the world is not broken
into fragments with walls
too narrow to tame thoughts.

Let me school
where words emerge
only from the depth of truth.

And let me graduate
from that university
where tireless striving stretches

its arms towards perfection
and clarity of reason is never lost
in the dreary desert sand of dead habits
while my mind is always awake
to walk and to be led forward
by you, the ever present
intimate mystery and joyous awe.

Into that nation, that heaven
ever-widening thought and action
to that state of freedom
let me re-locate.
 
Adopted from Tagore’s Gitanjali, poem 35

Henry Victor          07.09.2012

 

No comments:

Post a Comment