Monday 24 September 2012

My Journey


My journey both in terms of time and distance is long
and it was in the first gleam of light, my chariot, I pursued
my voyage through countless wildernesses of the worlds
leaving my track on several stars and many planets.


It is the most distant path that comes nearest to you
and training is most intricate that leads to the simplest tune
as the traveler comes to his door after knocking alien doors
and the inner shrine opens only after the wandering in outer worlds.


My eyes wandered much far and wide
before I shut and said, 'Here is you!'
The questing, pursuing of thousand tears, 'Oh, where?'
melts always, I know, into the flood of assurance, 'I am!'

 
Adopted from Tagore’s Gitanjali, poem 12

Henry Victor          24.09.2012

No comments:

Post a Comment