Friday 2 November 2012

Search for Eternity


In desperate search, but with hope
I go searching for eternity
in all the corners of my room
and I find her not.


My shack is small and that which leaves
this house is gone never to be regained
but infinite is your mansion, my Master
seeking eternity I have come to your door.


I stand under the golden canopy
of your evening sky
lifting my eyes to your face and see
I have come to the edge of eternity.


Nothing can vanish from this brink;
neither hope, nor happiness
nor the vision of a face
seen through my tears will ever shrink.


Oh Master, please dip my empty life
into that ocean, plunging it into its depth
and let me feel that lost touch
of the spirit of the universe.


Adopted from Tagore’s Gitanjali, poem 87

Henry Victor          01.11.2012

No comments:

Post a Comment